Imagine being able to replace your lost tooth, not with removable dentures, but with an implant that looks and feels just like a normal, secure tooth. With dental implants from your St. Cloud dentist, you can accomplish this. This procedure has become a popular option in dental reconstruction, with over half a million implants placed every year in the U.S. With their natural appearance and strong fit, dental implants can be your answer to repairing your smile.
Advantages of dental implants include:
- A secure, comfortable fit that looks and feels natural, without the slipping of normal dentures
- No other adjacent teeth have to be ground down or disturbed to hold an implant in place
- You can talk and eat normally without the inconvenience
- You will no longer feel self-conscious about missing teeth
During the implant process:
- Your jaw bone area just below your gums is fitted with metal posts.
- Once in position, the dental implants are mounted securely on these posts, giving you the look and feel of a brand new tooth!
- Not only will your self-esteem improve, but your oral health will as well.
Contact Canoe Creek Family Dental at 321-805-4890 to learn more about our dental implant options.
Abutment and Placement
Most implants have three pieces: the implant that goes in your bone, the abutment (or connector) that holds the tooth, and the crown tooth that attaches to the abutment. The crown is shaped like a tooth and made to look like the others around it so that it is not obviously false. Abutments are made of different materials, most commonly titanium, but they can also be made of gold or zirconia. A special type of dental cement is used to keep the crown attached to the abutment. Well made dental implants have a very tight connection between the implant and the abutment. This is important for the long-term maintenance of your bone around the implant.Read more about Abutment and Placement
A dental crown is a restoration that replaces the top part of the tooth. A single tooth that needs to be completely replaced can be restored utilizing an implant-supported crown. The crown is typically made of porcelain, giving the restoration a natural look. It is supported by a titanium “root” and post, implanted into the jawbone. The implant cements the artificial tooth in place, ensuring a sturdy fit and keeping the tooth and surrounding teeth from shifting out of position. An implant-supported crown looks much like the natural shape, size and color of your teeth, giving you a beautiful smile that’s sure to last.Read more about Implant-Supported Crowns